About the Role
About the role:
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people's lives. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to bring cures to as many people as possible. Without safe, easy-to-use, high-quality drug delivery systems our patients could not get their medicines. This is where you come in ; the Device Technology Solution Center needs you as Senior CAD Designer for the development of drug device combination products working alongside our talented, bright and diverse teams.
Our Device Technology Solution Center drives the technical development of drug delivery systems including needle safety devices, inhalers, auto-injectors, pen-injectors, on-body pumps, and ophthalmic drug delivery. We closely collaborate with project management, human factors engineers, packaging experts, analytical testing, production, external partners, regulatory experts and many more.
The aim is to develop and/or integrate innovative drug delivery systems with the drug formulation and provide the necessary compliant technical documentation for health authorities and production.
• Work on Platform development and participate to project activities in cross-functional teams for easy-to-use, safe and robust products
• Participate to the complete development process of medical devices (ideation, brainstorming, prototyping, manufacturing scall-up)
• Create and review IP.
• Manage and maintain CAD, 3D and drawings
• Create, manage and maintain Tolerance Analysis. Size and specify plastic and metallic components
• Work with third party suppliers, including prototyper, tool makers, CMOs
• Write key design history file documents, e.g. design input requirements, component specifications and design verification documents. Ensure device design development is delivered to a high quality
• Lead testing and characterization for acceptance, compliance, performance etc., and suggest improvements
• Perform root cause analysis and develop robust solutions to prevent re-occurrence. Ensure components are delivered and controlled to the required quality for clinical trials and commercial production
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
• Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Preferably 10 years of experience in medical device development
• Proficient spoken communication and excellent technical writing skills in English
• Experience in designing plastic and metal components; tolerance analysis; metrology; lab testing
• Experience in material qualification
• Good knowledge in design for manufacturing and assembly
• Good knowledge in key regulations and standards (e.g. ISO23098, ISO 11608, ISO 10993, MDR, Design Controls)
• Design History File documentation
• Ability to interact with cross functional team in matrix organization
Why Novartis? Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and accommodation
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all individuals. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to receive more detailed information about the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network