- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Fast Track. Available from: https://www.fda.gov/patients/fast-track-breakthrough-therapy-accelerated-approval-priority-review/fast-track.
- The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of disease study 2017. Available from: [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6227754/].
- Singh, J, A,,et al. (2019). Rates of Total Joint Replacement in the United States: Future projections to 2020-2040 Using the National Inpatient Sample. Journal of Rheumatology.
- Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) (2016) Osteoarthritis: A Serious Disease. Submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Trattnig, S., et al. Anabolic effect of LNA043, a novel disease-modifying osteoarthritis drug candidate: results from an imaging-based proof-of-concept trial in patients with focal articular cartilage lesions. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2021;80:363.
This investor update contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can generally be identified by words such as “potential,” “can,” “will,” “plan,” “may,” “could,” “would,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “look forward,” “believe,” “committed,” “investigational,” “pipeline,” “launch,” or similar terms, or by express or implied discussions regarding potential marketing approvals, new indications or labeling for the investigational or approved products described in this media update, or regarding potential future revenues from such products. You should not place undue reliance on these statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on our current beliefs and expectations regarding future events, and are subject to significant known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. There can be no guarantee that the investigational or approved products described in this media update will be submitted or approved for sale or for any additional indications or labeling in any market, or at any particular time. Nor can there be any guarantee that such products will be commercially successful in the future. In particular, our expectations regarding such products could be affected by, among other things, the uncertainties inherent in research and development, including clinical trial results and additional analysis of existing clinical data; regulatory actions or delays or government regulation generally; global trends toward health care cost containment, including government, payor and general public pricing and reimbursement pressures and requirements for increased pricing transparency; our ability to obtain or maintain proprietary intellectual property protection; the particular prescribing preferences of physicians and patients; general political, economic and business conditions, including the effects of and efforts to mitigate pandemic diseases such as COVID-19; safety, quality, data integrity or manufacturing issues; potential or actual data security and data privacy breaches, or disruptions of our information technology systems, and other risks and factors referred to in Novartis AG’s current Form 20-F on file with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Novartis is providing the information in this media update as of this date and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this media update as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.